Saturday, April 11, 2009

Heroics: Who's That Guy?


Was asked to come help out 3 guildies on a Pug run of Heroic UP. It wasn't the daily. Their last tank wasn't very good according to the healer and barely had enough defense as well keeping him up. The other dps it seem wasn't as good either according to them. All the things that gives Heroic Pug a bad name and all the reasons plus a thousand more why you don't pug. Yeah I know.

So group was on the third boss and had problems on Skadi. So we got Skadi squared away. But I noticed something about one the dps on recount and same dps kept dying as well. Yeah like in the pic. So though it was a fluke. So on last boss I reset my Recount log again. And yes about the same sub 600 dps. I can say more than often I see dps like this more often than rare in Heroics.

But the question is which I though was fun. Can you guess which class that dpser is? He also had on 5 pieces of Epics and rest Blue gear.

13 comments:

Darraxus said...

Im gonna guess either a nub DK, or an auto-attacking rogue

SuraBear said...

Gotta go with Rogue. Seems like every time I find a sub-1k DPS in a PuG, it's a terribad rogue.

Unknown said...

errrr....is that not the tank?

If not i'm guessing a Warrior under hit capped.

Marshal said...

I'm gonna go with all of the above + afk most of the time.

The Crossbowman of Sarcasm said...

Again, I'm going to have to go Rogue. For some unknown reasons, horrible dps are usually rogues.

Or DK's.

Or Melee Hunters.

...but usually rogues.

Jason Beebe said...

It has to be a hunter. For some reason, when I encounter a terrible dps like this, its always a hunter.

Ardent Defender said...

Um Yeah Some you guessed it.

Its was a dps Assassination spec Rogue but this guy was't quite License to kill at that dps. I have no idea what he was doing at all at that dps.

SuraBear said...

Well, comparing his DPS/overall damage to the others in your group, it looks like he spent about half of it with a thumb up his arse.

And going by the actual DPS, he couldn't have been doing much more than autoattacking.

Unknown said...

Affli lock with zero skill?

Lara said...

Rogue. I know one like that. He's decently geared, too. I don't understand this.

Anonymous said...

I once had this guy do under 700 DPS on VoA. Not that anyone takes that seriously, but come on. He was alive for the whole run, too. Some classes, you just can't reach.

Ardent Defender said...

Be surprised what you see in Heroics. And since I pug allot you see allot as well.

wannee akaht dee said...

Keep in mind that very different people play wow. In term of age, seniority in the game, etc.

You would be surprised, when you hear some people for the first time on vent: I realized once in a Nax25 pug that the hunter who was doing 700 dps seemmed to be a young kid of 6-7 years old...

When people first reach 80, they often don't have the correct spec, you don't use mods as dps meter, so you don't realize you are not performing well. And you just think you are taking part to the run as everyone else.